24 December 2008

Twas the night before Christmas...eve

A year ago today, Kami and I were leading worship at my home church. we got up on stage, and to be break the ice, I asked everyone if they were having a good Christmas eve eve.

I guess it caught on, because at least a few of the other staff members made reference to it during the day. It does not seem like it has been a year since Christmas...but it has.

I feel like a totally different person than I was a year ago; God is doing a huge work in my life. I have been stretched so much this year (and I feel like it is just the beginning of that...).

This Christmas season has just been a reminder to me of how good God really is.

He is just

  faithful

         loving

    full of grace

               He is good

I am not worthy of anything He has to offer, yet He gives it to me through Jesus.

Jesus

only son, beloved of God

Came to earth.

I think we glaze over the fact that he came to earth; that he actually lived life as a human.

He could have just shown up as an adult, shed his blood, and gone back to heaven

But

He didn't.

He became flesh. I love the line from Hillsong that says, "He became flesh, bore my sin and death"

Jesus lived life on earth. He ate food, traveled, slept, made wine, healed people, and did a lot of listening and sharing. Jesus became a person. Never stopped being God, but became man all the same.

I am not confident to say that I know exactly why Jesus came in human form, but I do think it was no accident.

Following Christ is all about your relationship with Him. Relationships are important.
What is more helpful when you have a problem:

- someone who says, "I have never experienced that, but...."
             or
- someone who says, "I know how you feel, I have been there"

I believe everyone would agree on the latter.

I think it is the same with in our relationship with Christ. When we have hard time, struggles, problems, or maybe just a bad day, we have a savior who has seen it all (and is in control of it all). Jesus lived on the earth; He knows how we feel because he was here in flesh. I cannot explain how he was all God and all man at the same time.... I just know that He understands me, because he experienced firsthand this world in flesh.

That is some crazy love. It is not normal. It is mind-blowing to think about. But it is the most comforting thing to know that the savior of the world, who lives inside of me, understands how I feel because he experienced it first hand.

Christmas this year is all about remembering how good God is, how perfect His plan is, and how much He understands where I am, because He was here too.

I pray that you can rest in the comfort of the savior who became flesh for you. He is Jesus. He is love. He is Christmas

No comments: