29 December 2008

One year...today

That's right.

one year


today.

jameseatonsblog.blogspot.com has turned one year old.


What a great year. My little blog has grown up so much. It started as nothing, and now....well. It is still not much, but people read it every day (thanks to everyone who reads my blog :) ). This month has been my biggest post month to date. I already have over 20 posts this month; I think that is more than I had the first three months I had my blog.

It has been a great year.

God has stretched me in ways I could not have imagined this year. I hope you have been able to see a glimpse inside by reading my posts. It is hard to put into words, but I have tried and will continue to try as God leaded me along. I am really learning what it means to step out in faith.

2009 is going to be intense.

Things are going to be different. Every part of my life is going under examination. It is time to take inventory of what I am doing, find out what is good, bad, ugly, right, wrong, and beg God to show me the right direction to go.

I am really learning to step out in faith; it is easy to say, but much more difficult to do. "Just step out in faith...". Preachers say it all the time. It is one thing to say, but it is difficult to do. I would love to say that it is not hard for me to step out and trust God... but it is hard to do sometimes. I can be selfish, and want to be in control of everything in my life. I feel most secure when I am in control.

But, that takes my faith out of play.

Faith means that I am not in control.

That is a daily struggle.


Faith is believing what we cannot see. I like to believe in what I can see.

But God is calling to something different

Bigger


Better

           Maybe more difficult,

There may even be pain.


but, I know that God has a plan, and it is so much more insane and wonderful that anything I could ever think of. That is comforting.

This next year will be all about stepping out in faith. I can't wait to see what happens when I stop trying to be in control.


Happy birthday blog! I can't wait to see how you grow in the year to come...

No comments: