30 May 2008

Beach Blog- days 6 & 7


The end is near.....
The week is coming to a close as I am writing this blog; we are headed home in the morning. It had been a great week to relax, rejuvenate, and rest( like the alliteration..?). It really has been a great week; this is the first year that I felt that I actually NEEDED a vacation. Every other year it was just a fun time.. but this year it seemed like more of a luxury. 
Here is a list of thing that happened this week... I will try to sum it up for all of you.

- Tennis is much harder when you take almost a year off: I had to give all I had just to get close to beating David. He beat me about 65% of the week( and he won the Eaton open, A great honor...)
- Sailing on the ocean is waaaay better: Over the last few years I have come to love sailing( I was not excited when I was a junior and my dad said he was going to buy a sailboat). But now I love it, and sailing on the ocean is amazing. We were able to rent the boat 2 days during the week. Today was a good day( except that we kept getting to close to the surf and I have to jump off the boat and move it around the other way.. and then try to crawl up the boat( which is not an easy task). It just made it that much more exciting. 
- I do love food: I feel like I have eaten a ton this week. We went to some great restaurants. The fav would have to be The Sea Shack. It is a local place that has great food and some pretty fare prices. We went there twice this week. Tonight I got the buffalo shrimp Po Boy( which was amazing!). If anyone is ever on Hilton Head, you need to visit The Sea Shack.
- It feels I little like home: to be in SC, since I have spent the last 8 months of my life in Greenville, it just feels a little different than in other years. 
- It is strange: to  not know how many more vacations I will be able to have like this. I have no idea what will happen in the year to come, or where I will be in the summer. I want to cherish these times, since they may not always be around.  

I am so glad that I have been able to get away for a fews day, but now I am ready to get back to real life and back into the swing of things. 

stay tuned... 
( I did not make this, but I thought it was really neat) 

No comments: