10 May 2008

Some good old southern thunder


Tonight I went with the youth group to see Decemberadio in concert. I had heard them on the radio and enjoyed their music, but I had never really seen them perform. I came into the night only knowing 2 of their songs, so everything else was new to me. I was so impressed with their passion and skill. There were many obstacles they had to conquer tonight.
1. Their lead guitar player had to have emergency surgery and was out for the show
2. 30 seconds into their set, the power on the stage went out. Their equipment must have blown a fuse. They had to fix this by running an extension cord out the hallway into another outlet. 
3. They started later than scheduled, and had to keep the audience awake( which they most certainly did) 

Their music and stage presence was a melting pot of southern rock, Classic rock( their lead singer played the bass), southern metal( like The Showdown), and some piano/ organ driven sounds as well. Each song possessed a unique quality and feel. The music was great and the lyrics were catchy, but meaningful. You could see their passion on their sleeves. 

I was so glad that I was able to see them in concert. If Decemberadio is ever near you; then you are in for a treat of pure and untainted rock and roll.( I think you could sum them up by saying that they are "jamming for the Lamb") 


No comments: