28 May 2008

beach Blog- days 4 & 5

Here is a short synopses of the last two days at the  beach 

- Yesterday was good. We went to the beach( there was no sailing, because there was not much wind :( 
- We went to a NYC pizza place for dinner yesterday, where I ended up eating WAY to much pizza( it was so good.... but also very filling) 
- I am so sore from tennis( I have not played this much in over a year)
- I am sun burt all over my back and neck. I was sitting out at the beach yesterday reading and ended up getting all burt.
- Today we went to The Sea Shack for lunch( which is one of our favorite places to go). Their theme at the restaurant is " not fancy, just good", and that is exactly what it is. The place can only seat about 35 people( maybe), there is a neat cook that has dreads and wears a big rasta hat. They have a very eclectic menu; there are all sorts of dishes and sides from cheese grits to Alligator bites to shrimp burgers. The prices are fare, and you get A LOT of food. It just may be my favorite place to eat on the island.
- We also at Mexican tonight ... I am so full. The two meals today were great. I will need to do a few more laps in the pool to work off those extra calories. 

- I am enjoying vacation so much, but there are a few things that I am missing as we move past the half-way point of the trip. I am missing 
1. Kami- I miss seeing her smiling face each day. She just makes my day, and being away from her has made me see just how much I miss her.
2. My Job at Church- Believe it or not, I really really miss being at my job. I love working at ISBC, and I cannot wait to get back there. I think God is doing great things there, and I really believe that even greater things are about to explode, and I can't wait to be a part of it. 
3. My bed- I have not been in my bed much the last year of my life, so I appreciate every time I get to sleep in it.
4. Good water- the water on the island is not bad.... but it is no where near great. All of the drinks taste a funny. Good water and drinks are something you do not miss until they are gone.
5. My car- I love driving, and we just brought the van. It is no where near as fun to drive, plus my mom seems to get a little uncomfortable when I am driving the van. 

I am having  a great time on vacation, it may be turning out to be one of the best vacations of all time... everything has just been great. 
( this is a pic with King Neptune.. we usually take a picture here every year) 
stay tuned...

1 comment:

Tiger Brooks said...

Okay, I'm caught up now. I'm taking notes on all the good eatin' places. And, yes, we miss you too.