26 May 2008

Beach Blog- day 3

Finally in the water....

Today was full of tennis and beach. We had the annual dad/ granddad vs. brothers tennis challenge( David and I win every year..). It was about the same story this year as David and I took them 6-1( or 6-2 if you ask them). 

I was so pumped about sailing this afternoon at the beach. I did not take my book or iPod since I figured that there was going to be about 2 hours of sailing..... I was wrong.  When we arrived at the beach, I went over to the lifeguard station to rent the boat.... and it had just been rented for the next two hours!!!! I was frustrated to say the least. The people rented the boat from 2-4, and if they made it back before 4 then we could rent it for one hour( which would be better than no hours). To my joyous surprise, they made it back just in time to take it out. My dad, Brian, and myself took the aquacat for a spin. It was a great day for sailing. Brian was a little nervous at the beginning, but by the end he was loving it. We are ready to take it out again tomorrow

Tonight was putt-putt( Brian's favorite). There are a few courses on the island that are very difficult; They are set up more like an actual golf course. Dad took a late lead on the back 9 and ended up winning. 

It turned out to be a great day... The weather is supposed to be good all week, so hopefully there will be more days like today

( here is a pic from sailing today)

stay tuned....

No comments: