01 June 2008

Randomness


Life is random, and so is my brain. Here are some random thing that are on my brain.( There may be not rhyme or reason or order of importance... that is why the post is called Randomness)

- It is storming outside. I like to sit and listen to the rain from time to time. When there is a good rain, I always go back to when I was about 7. I remember sitting outside with my grandfather watching the storm. I don't know why I remember that, but it is a special thought.

- I read a book about Steve Job called iCon; it was so interesting to see a person that had so much faith in himself and his ideas despite everything that happened to him along the way. As I was reading the book I began to ask myself, " do I really trust God that much on a daily basis??" I would like to say, "Why yes, of course, I have super-faith," but that is not always true. There are times when I try to do it on my own. Sometimes I feel like we as Christians( myself included), give up something great for something good or comfortable. I am encouraged to see churches that step out of their comfort zones so they will fully rely on God. God has not called us to sit, or be stuck in a rut. I have been thinking about the disciples a lot. When Jesus called them, they had no idea what they were getting into. God called. They answered, and followed. They were not perfect, but Jesus was. When Jesus called, they left everything. I wonder how many people today would be willing to do something like that??

- I am super pumped for Mission Tour; it is going to be life-changing. I am expecting God to move, in the life of those in Pennsylvania, the students going, and in my life. We are going June 13-20, you can check out the ISBC website for blog posts during that time. 

- I have been thinking a great deal about worship; I wish more people could see just how amazing it can be when you have uninhibited worship. It is just amazing when people come together just to worship. I think it is something very important in our Christian walk; we need to have a time to empty ourselves and be renewed by God. You should listen to Chris Sligh's "empty me." It is such a great song about laying it all down before God. 

- I am enjoying some older music. I like new stuff, but it is good to back to some good old stuff as well. 

- I am so tired..... I need to get back into better shape. All the tennis at the beach killed me( actually, it was from not playing tennis or being very active and eating in a cafeteria 3 meals a day at college) 

stay tuned for more random thought as they flow...  

No comments: