18 May 2008

I am.... Prince Caspian

SO, Last night I went to see Prince Caspian.... and it was AWESOME!!! 

I read all of the Narnia books when I was in about 5th grade( so I do not remember much about them..... except about one scene from each book). However, I was super impressed with the movie. They did a wonderful job of making it; I feel that C.S. Lewis would be proud to see this movie. The acting was great, the characters were great, and the filming was amazing; but that is not what makes this movie so amazing.

C.S. Lewis is an amazing writer and theologian; there are few books that have influenced me more than his. His book Mere Christianity is an amazing portrayal of the Christian faith( If anyone is looking for a book that takes on big questions of faith in a way that normal people can understand... this is the book for you). I have read some of his shorter writings as well, and I also enjoyed The Screwtape Letters
But back to the movie. I just love that these movies have become so popular. Because under all of the interesting story-lines about another world, there are real world truths of the Christian faith. One of my favorite parts in the movie is when Lucy is talking with Aslan after she goes to find Him. Lucy sees his earlier in the movie, but do not go looking for him( for her brothers and sisters think she is just being silly)... So, she finds Aslan and is asking him if she had come earlier if less people would have died in the battle. Aslan looks at her and says something to the effect of, " The question is not about what would have happened in the past, but it is about what we will do in the future." 

I feel like so many times as Christians, we( including myself) become consumed with the past and the 'what if' question. God wants us to press forward to win the prize. Satan wants to bring us down by reminding us of our past, but God is calling us to a brighter future. We must deal with our past, asking God to forgive us where we have failed Him. But that is not where we are to stay. We must look ahead and keep moving; Christianity is not stagnant. We must press on for the goal set before us; there is much to be done while we are on this earth. 
I just wanted to share that thought with you, I hope everyone will go and see Prince Caspian and support movies like this.

stay tuned..... 

No comments: