11 June 2008

Randomness: part 2


After writing a post about random things going through my mind, I began to realize that I do have a random side after all. I am not always planned and though out all the time. It was every cathartic to just start typing away..... So with that said. Here is the continuation of the random, interesting, and mind-bending( not really) random thoughts on the last week of my existence.

- I am excited about Mission Tour (it is in 2 day)! I am also a little nervous that we are going to forget something..... It might keep me up at night trying to figure out what it is. 

-I just got Leopard last night for my Macbook. I now have the much cooler OS, complete with a trending 3-D dock, time machine, and spaces (along with about 300 other things....). I think it was  a worthy upgrade. 

-I am reading a book called "Faith of my Fathers". Kami got this book for  me before we went to college in the fall. It is a book that is a conversation between a grandfather, his son, and his 3 grandchildren. The chapters are divided by different topics. It has been so interesting to see the views of 3 generations of ministers. They agree on some things, but there are many issues that divide their thoughts. There are some valuable lessons that can be learned from older generations. This has been a great glimpse into the life of other ministers. 

- We got Adobe Creative Suite today!! I am sooo excited to play with it tonight. The package came with a 10 hour DVD and a workflow guide (it is very extensive). I think I may be getting my intern hours in tonight..lol.

- I tried the new southern style chicken biscuit at McDonald's this morning. It was pretty good, and the price was better....free (thanks to a free coupon that came in the mail with Leopard). 

- I am ready for my next reading adventure..... Velvet Elvis. I started this book a while ago, but became busy with school stuff and had to put it to sleep for a while. I enjoy his writing style (and I really like his NOOMA series). I think Rob Bell is a very interesting person. And while I do not agree with everything he says, he does make some great points. I think this should be a good read. 

- There will be more randomness to come

stay tuned.... 



 

No comments: