17 August 2008

I could fall alseep standing up

I am soooo tired. I have spent the last week moving, cleaning, mopping, dusting, moving, and helping freshmen. I have been so tired, I have not even been able to ride my bike... I have to be really tired not to do that.

We had a service in the chapel this morning for the freshmen and the people on campus. I led worship with the rest of the BSU band and one of the council members spoke about the importance of getting involved in the church. It was such a great time of worship; I never get tired of hearing hundreds of people singing at the top of their lungs.. it is truly amazing. I wish everyone who thinks Contemporary worship is not real worship would come to a service like the one this morning; I think they would change their mind. There is just something amazing about corporate worship when people come together just to worship. I think that is what God desires. People worshiping God because He is worthy; it is not about traditional or your personal opinion, it is not about you at all. The most amazing times of worship I have ever experienced were times when I felt like I was invisible , and no one was seeing me, but they were just worshiping. I never get tired of facilitating worship, but I hate it when it becomes a show..... there is a huge difference between a worship experience and people putting on a show.

ok, time for a nap.....

No comments: