21 August 2008

And so it begins...

I am almost done with day 2 of classes. This is going to be a very interesting semester... I have a a lot of classes on Monday and Wednesday, not too many on Friday, and only one on Tuesday/ Thursday (and it is at 3:05; so I can sleep in those days). I have a few tough classes; Greek will be the hardest by far. I am just trying to learn the alphabet today...... it is like going back to kindergarten all over again.

I am glad to be getting into the swing of things and seeing all my friends I have not seen in a few months. Once things get going, it seems to fly by, but the first few weeks are always a little weird.

Yesterday, Clayton King came to chapel and to speak at the final night of the crusade. Clayton travels the country speaking to colleges and churches. He works at NewSpring as well. 38 people accepted Christ during chapel, and I bet there were about 60 in the evening service. God showed up and did something amazing! I wish we had more chapel speakers like Clayton who just had a passion for Jesus Christ and the Freedom that He brings.

The first Fusion is tonight!!!! It will be a little crazy because our drummer fell yesterday after chapel and messed up his ankle. He will not be able to play tonight, and we have not practiced yet with the guy that is going to fill in. It could be interesting... but I am trusting God that he will take care of everything tonight. I am hoping there will be a lot o people there tonight. I think that this is going to be a great year for BSU.

I am excited about being able to go to Newsring on Sunday morning. They just opened a campus in Greenville a month ago, so I am excited to see their new facility.

I got to sleep in today till 9:45.. it was amazing!! I feel so much better. I am getting close to being caught up on sleep from the past 2 weeks.

Chris Sligh is coming on Monday to NGU. I will let all of you know how it is, since he will be at my home church that Thursday night. He will be in chapel and have a concert that night, and Moe's is catering food before the concert.... concert+ Mexican food= great way to start the second week of class!

No comments: