15 April 2009

Pushing Through the Pain

I love riding my bike. I am not that amazing...but I am really getting into it.

There is always a point where I get tired and want to stop. It is always way before I want to actually stop. For me, it is always right around mile 10. It is the point when I am running out of initial adrenaline, and waiting for endorphins to kick in.

If I stop then, I don't ever get to the good part. It is only when I push through the pain that I can experience the joy of the later miles. The times after the 10th mile are the best. When I push through the pain, I get to experience the great rides.

The best times are always after the pain.

Sometimes life can be the same. We have a choice when we experience pain; we can run away, or we can face it and push through.

There are many times in life when the joy comes after the pain.

Maybe you just went through something tough. Tough classes, relationship struggles, personal problems, or maybe something just outside your control.

If you have not gone through something lately, you will soon.

But be encouraged, because the joys comes after the pain.

Push through the pain. It is worth it.


2Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. 4Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
        -James 1:2-4


No comments: