29 November 2008

Holiday Hangover

Thanksgiving has come and gone for another year...

Food has been consumed. And then more food was consumed. Then, somehow, I found a way to consume even more food...

It is truly a miracle that I did not throw up this week. I guess I have been training all year for this day. I would like to thank the cafeteria at NGU for getting me fattened up for the feast... your fried foods and cobbler really helped me get ready for this day...

So much food was consumed that I had to exercise today (it was needed...). We decided that it would be a great day to go mountain biking (most days are good for that, except rainy ones or very cold ones)

We also decided to be adventuresome and try some new trails. We took our bikes to Steele Creek park. My Dad, David, Sam (Kami's brother) and I headed toward the trails... lets just say that expectation and reality did not meet.

The facts were these
1. We rode (what I mean is pushed our bikes) up a large hill/mountain.
2. We made it to the top, excited that it could be time to actually ride the bike instead of pushing it up a massive incline.
3. We followed the trail, which led us down said hill/mountain. The descent was so steep (there were the words "puke hill" engraved on a tree if that helps you get the mental picture) we could not ride down.
4. We walked the bikes down the other side of the hill we had just climbed.
5. After this, we decide that much of this same pattern will continue and decide to head back
6. The only way back (besides going back up "puke hill") was to go down a very narrow, steep hiking trail coated in leaves.
7. With great care, we make it back to the parking lot.
8. It sucked...

- This was just not fair to Sam (who had never been mountain biking). We could not let this day be a foul taste in his mouth. So we decided to go to Warriors Path Mountain Bike Trails (the old faithful stomping grounds).

It did not let us down. Great riding was still had today; although I was a little tired from all the pushing at Steele Creek, it was a great ride. We rode The Boneyard and Magic Carpet Ride (my 2 favorites). I think Sam is now hooked. Another successful convert to the wonderful world of single-track mountain biking.

If you want to go mountain biking, go to Warriors (unless you are one of those crazies who are not afraid to break every bone in their body, you may like Steele Creek). You will feel a wonderful sense of accomplishment and manliness. And it is a great workout.


 

On another note about today... what is with these crazy shoppers trampling employees and killing them?????? That is crazy! The deals are not that good to break the doors and trample the old man working at Wall-mart. I also heard that a pregnant woman was trampled and her baby was killed; this is terrible. No Hannah Montana action figure or Jonas Brothers cd is that important for americans to trample other people.



- On a lighter note (in the spirit of Christmas), I came home tonight to a great surprise.

       A real tree!!! The house smells amazing; we have not had a real tree in a few years, so it is great to see one in the den.

ok. Time for bed. Goodnight.

No comments: