07 November 2008

Here I am

I am sitting here in my room on this friday evening, and I am exhausted. It has been a long semester so far; the end is in sight! (but there are a few papers and about 6 tests that stand in the way... not to mention finals)

  I am ready for this semester to be over, but I am really trying not to just waste it away. So many times in my life I feel like the place I'm at is just a holding place; there is some place that I want to be and I am just doing this so I can get there. God has really been stretching me this semester, and one thing I am learning is to not waste the time I have right now. Because the preparation I am making right now is crucial to my future. 

God is putting some huge dreams in my heart, things that I would never have imagined before this year. And that is the amazing part, God is molding me into His instrument. 

I don't think anything happens by accident; there is a method to the madness. Sometimes we may not be able to see it at first, but it comes out in time. I have spent much of my life saying, "God, just tell me where to go and what I need to know..." My prayer this year has become something more like, "God show me what I need today, and give me dreams for the future." 

There has been a phrase that has really caught my attention and I can't get it out of my head. I think this is a good way to sum up the way I want to live my life.

Do Everything with Excellence 
Let Creativity Flow 

That is what I am striving for. Excellence in what I do. That is not just in my "ministry", because everything is ministry. Everything is spiritual. I want to live a life that is excellent in the eyes of God in all that I do, and I want to be creative as I do it. I feel like Christians get sucked into this idea that we are not creative. I am tired of hearing half- rate music on the radio from "Christian artists" who just ride the name to make it on the radio. They sing songs they don't believe in to make a buck.... that is not creative. I love artists who are creative, that use their gifts given to them by God to reach out to people. If we are made in the image of the divine creator, shouldn't we be the most creative people in the world?? 

If we have been filled with the love of Christ, shouldn't that flow from us in everything we do? That is some serious creative power that we are just sitting on. Maybe it is time to let go, think outside the box, the norm. What if our goal in our daily life was to show God in the most creative ways possible?     

  People may start to notice that. 

I put those words in front of my computer on the wall so I am reminded each time I see them

Do everything with excellence 
Let Creativity Flow

No comments: