24 November 2008

Monday Mind Dump

It is been a long few weeks. It seems there is a mountain to climb before a break can come...

- I finished both papers this weekend, and I actually feel pretty good about both of them. I was up for a while last night finishing my second paper, but it is done now (which is a great feeling, all I need to do is make my reference page and I will be ready to turn it in).

- Went to SeaCoast church yesterday morning. Very interesting concept; they have 13 locations all over the south. I really enjoyed the message from the pastor. Last night we made our usual Sunday evening trip to NewSpring, which is always amazing. I love being there because people there expect God to show up... and He does!

- I am going to visit churches next semester. I have really been praying about what God wants me to do next semester. At first, I wanted to find a job somewhere leading worship or speaking, but God has really been working in me, and I think I need to just take a step back and look at the bigger picture. I want to take some time to survey other churches, look at their visions, and talk to leaders in the church and learn what they are doing. I need take some time to work out what I believe, and how that will come out in church. I am excited about visiting churches. This is something I have not had a chance to do much of, so it should be exciting to see where God is at work.

- I read a quote from Mark Batterson at The Sticks conference that has been shaking me up. He said, "what are you doing to be remakrkable?"

.... wow. What an interesting thought. What am I doing right now, today, tomorrow to be remarkable. He said that we are either remarkable, or we are not making the difference we would like to. I want to make a difference in the world. I believe that God has things in store that I cannot even fathom at this point, but I have to take the steps right now for that to take place. I want to be remarkable, not because I want glory for myself, but I want to be remarkable (and maybe crazy) for what God has placed in my heart.

- Maybe the church is not hearing from God because they are not anticipating Him....

- Abraham set outside his tent in the middle of the day anticipating God to come... and He came!

Are we willing to sit in the spot that may be uncomfortable, the place where others may not want to go (his wife was inside) to hear from God. He is faithful to show up and do something beyond explanation (they had a baby a year later... and Sarah was 90) if we are anticipating God to show up.

- God is rocking my world right now... more to come on that

No comments: