21 December 2008

Note to self:

Do not work out after 10 pm and expect to have a good night sleep...

I feel like the kid on Talladega Nights when he says, "I'm all jacked up on Mountain Dew!"

except, I am saying, "I'm all jacked up on endorphins"

and

I am pumped about church this morning!!!
- I am ecstaticabout leading worship this morning. It is going to be an amazing service; I know God is going to move all around the country this morning. This could be the most amazing Sunday ever...
 

I have just felt God's presence here with me all night. I just felt so much inspiration and comfort in the passage I read last night.

Here is a section from Luke Chapter 1. This passage is know as Mary's song. It is such an amazing section of scripture. Here is the section that really got me going.

My soul glorifies the Lord
    47 and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior,
 48 for he has been mindful
      of the humble state of his servant.
   From now on all generations will call me blessed,
    49 for the Mighty One has done great things for me—
      holy is his name. 

Mary says that all generations will call her blessed. But not for what she can do on her own, but what the Mighty One has done for her.

wow.

I feel like there are so many people out there (and I fall into this category at times) that say, "I just don't see God working around me" or "I just wish God would use me..."

I don't think being pregnant with the Son of God was an easy thing to do. I am sure it was very difficult and almost impossible to explain that one to the neighbors. And there had to be times when she questioned what God was doing. But she realized that He is mindful of who she is, that God was going to bless her. She was not amazing in herself, but through the power of God, all generations will remember her.

Maybe you are wondering where God is; maybe you are wondering why He is not doing something in your life (I know I feel that way sometimes).

Look around. Maybe you are not seeing God because you are so busy looking for what you think God should be doing instead of what He is already doing in you.

God did amazing things through Mary, and we are still talking about what God did through her today. She was very right when she said that all generations will remember her...

What are you allowing God to do through you that people will remember you for? What mighty things has He done for you?

That is my prayer today, as we get closer to Christmas day, that I would allow God to work through me and do something amazing in me for His glory.




- just a thought that kept me up last night. I pray that it is encouraging to someone today.

No comments: