18 December 2008

Back in Mac

It is here!!!

The long awaited (4 days...) computer is now here.

I went out to lunch with Tiger, and came home to find a little surprise waiting for me on the doorstep.

I rushed inside and opened the box like a wild-child on Christmas morning. Even the box is professional looking. It is black and mod looking. Very simplistic design. Inside was this little beauty.

I opened it up, turned it on, and....waited for 8 hours while migration assistant basically made a copy of my macbook on my new mac. I thought I was going to die waiting there for hours, but it was worth it.

After the migration was finished, I went looking for music and other documents, only to find that they were not there. I could not find them anywhere. At this point, I started to become a little anxious; I was really concerned. I had used over 80 gigs on my hard drive, but I could not find any of my files.

But

I found them...

They were under my user name from the white macbook (which was almost identical to my new one...)
I logged in under my old name, and everything was there! Even my background and everything was already set. That was an amazing feeling. It made the 8 hours of waiting worth it to just be able to open my programs and have everything there for me.

I am sitting here typing on my back-lit keyboard a happy man.

I will post some pics tomorrow of the new toy for the world to see.

Time to get some rest; it has been a long day waiting in anticipation for this little thing to get up and running.

For the record. I already love this computer. It loaded itunes almost 8-10 seconds faster than my macbook; the icon did not even bounce one time and it was already loaded. That is wonderful. I think we are going to have a great relationship together....

No comments: