03 October 2008

I am about to break...

for Fall! 

Today started Fall Break... it could not have come soon enough. Although it is hard to believe that the semester is half way over. 

Here are some thoughts on the 1st half of the semester, and what I am looking foreword to in the coming weeks.

- Sophomore- I am not longer a freshman, and it feels great. I feel like I am finding my place at NGU and starting to hit my stride. Coming to college has been a great experience. But is was also different coming to a place where people did not know me. I feel like people are really getting to know me, and I feel like I am getting to know myself as well.

-BSU- has been great so far this year.  Council has been on top of it all year. We started working on this semester in April, so it is amazing to see it all coming to life. BSU music has also had a huge facelift. We are doing things that have not happened in a while... maybe ever. I spent the first few weeks setting up times for people to try out for the BSU band; now we have 2 full (very full...) bands. We just finished the first rotation of one band, and the next band will play at the next Fusion. It has been great to see so many people step up to be involved. This is what I have been praying about all summer; I wanted to get people involved in Fusion music, so it is great to see it actually happening. I feel like God is just getting started in BSU. I cannot even imagine what God is going to do, but I am trusting Him to do INSANE things! 

-Biking- I have really been getting into road biking. I even got a road bike about a month ago. My dad is down here this weekend to ride some, We are going to ride tomorrow to Saluda, NC. It is about a 35 mile ride... I hope we can make it all the way. I am really excited  about it; the farthest I have been in one trip before this was 23 miles, so it will be a stretch of my ability and strength. So that just adds to the excitement.  I am trying to get back to what I weighed my Freshman year... of High School (which is about 155 lbs). I am getting closer every day. 

- Greek- I am coming to understand the phrase, "It's all Greek to me"    because it is.  I really do love my Greek class. I have never had to learn so much so fast. Some night I have wanted to pull my hair out.. but when I understand something, it is an amazing feeling. I hope I continue to do a better job each day of learning what I need to so I can really dig into the NT soon. 

- Soon- Christmas break!! 

OK

I realize I still have 7 weeks, but hey. I love that month off.

- Reading- books that I want to. Although the reading list for a classes is amazing....(that was a little sarcastic if you did no pick up on that)   I am ready for some time to read what I want to. 

- Time to sit and think- hopefully I will have some time to just sit and think this weekend. I do not do that enough; I am always go, go, go. So I need some time just to sit and be still. 

time for bed..

Long ride in the morning. I will let you all know how it goes

No comments: