03 September 2008

The Sound of...


Music. The halls of NGU have been alive this week with the sound of music (maybe not like the movie, but there has been a lot of singing and playing going on). I am so excited about this year in BSU; I think it has so much potential. I am the music chair this year, and I have been praying for a while asking God what He wanted me to do this year. It is by no accident that I have ended up where I am, and I do not want to take this opprotunity for granted, or waste it. I had brainstormed all summer and came up with a model that I am pumped about!

There will be two band that are on a two-week rotation. This week I have been meeting and talking with people that want to be involved in the music this year. I wanted to do more than just hear people audition, I wanted to know about the people. I wanted to find out more about their life and what God was doing in it. Those things to me are just as important as musical ability. I am big on the idea that everyone on stage is leading in worship; so it makes sense that eveyrone in the band should be in a mindset of leading worship. I want to people to be excited about BSU music because they know that they are going to have an encounter with God every Thursday night through music. Music is so powerful, and there is nothing more amazing than hearing 600+ college students sing their heart out to God. I want people to have the freedom and the opprotunity to worship.

All of this is about to get underway in the next two weeks...

I have been dreaming and praying about this since January, so it is amazing to think that it is happeneing.

Thank you to everyone who has been praying for BSU music, and for everyone who is trying out. I am blessed to be surrounded by so much talent! Jason Housley is going to be leading one of the bands. You can check out his blog here. Taylor Mills will be leading the other. Be in prayer for these guys as well as we work out the details this weekend.

More to come...

No comments: