31 July 2008

Thoughs on Thurday


Here is what is going through my mind on this rainy, dreary thursday.....

- Today is my last day in the office at ISBC. I will miss being here so much. I have already went into this in more detail in earlier post, but I really am going to miss working here


- I always think it is interesting to see how police men drive. When you see one, you put on the brakes (even if you are already going the speed limit). But when they are just out driving, they fly. It seems like they need to pull themself over or something. I saw one this morning on the way to work going about 60 in a 35. If that had been me going that fast, they would have turned the car around and pulled me over. It just does not seem like they are setting a very good example by abusing the law that they are trying to enforce......... just a thought


- I tried the McDonald's southern chicken sadwich the other day. It was not as good a the ever-famous Chick-fil-a, but it was still one of the better items on the menu. The biggest difference, in my opinion, was the batter they used. It was just a little to much. That is what makes Chick-fil-a great, they do not use to much batter, so you can really taste the flavor. But I enjoyed the sadwich, and I will probably get it again.


- I have been watching the new John Mayer DVD...... and it is amazing. If you are a Mayer fan, "Where the Light is" is a must see. It is like 3 concerts in one. He does an acoustic set, Trio set, and a set with his full band. There are also some nice behind the scenes footage and goodies. The video and audio quality are amazing (I would love to see the BlueRay version..). All 3 personalities of Mayer are unique and entertaining. I was just continually impressed by his guitar skills and musical ability.


- I am tired of the rain... and the heat. I know that in a few weeks I will be missing the heat here... because it will be MUCH HOTTER is Greenville, but I am ready for a little cooler weather. I love it when it is about 70. That is prime time weather.


- Kami and I saw "Step Brothers" the other night. and. we. laughed..... the whole time. It was not a "family- friendly" movies, but you just can not help but laugh when Will Ferrill and John C. Reily are together. It may even have been as good as Anchorman.... and that means it is good.


- My back has cuts on it from the Water slide last night. Tiger and I built a massive hillbilly waterslide behind the church. We had 75 feet of tarp down a very steep hill. The students seemed to love it.. my battle scars look like nothing compared to some of the high school guys. One made it his goal to get as much of a running start as he could and tried to slide into the church (which was about 25 more feet away). He came pretty close, I think he made it to about 5 feel away (meaning that he slid 20 feet in the grass... he was a little red to say the least)


-I want to see "The Dark Knight" again....


- I hit a squirrel last week while I was biking. I was getting onto the path, and as I was, the squirrel just jumped in front of me. I felt it on my tire before I saw it. It was gross, and sad. I really did it in...... it was gone on the spot. My condolenses to the Brown Squirrel family....

ok... that is enough thoughts for one day

2 comments:

Random Mom said...

I hope your back doesn't look as bad as Hunter's! His looks like he took a "whipping"! Any pictures??? On second thought, maybe I shouldn't see that!

Sandy said...

poor brown squirrel... but evidently your bike survived, and you too! let's keep our priorities straight. :)