01 July 2008

The Incredible...... Wall-E


This past week I went to the movies twice (that does not happen to often that I go 2 times in a span of a few days).

Thursday night, Kami and I went with some of our friends to see the midnight showing of Wall-E. There were quite a few people there, even some smaller kids. I was impressed, because I was tired by the time the movie started; so props to all those kids who stayed up way past their bed time and made it through the movie.      


The movie was really good; which was very impressive considering that there was a minimal amount of actual conversation with words during the film. The light-hearted movie was extremely well done (but all the pixar movies seem to be... and this one was no exception). Wall-E was a great movie for kids and adults. There was a lot of robot humor that everyone will enjoy, and some interesting questions that were posed throughout the movie. One was about taking care of the earth.... Now don't get me wrong, I am by no means any kind of All Gore, turning green person. But the movie did have a way of pointing out that we need to take care of our earth, so we do not have to take a 5 year space cruise while robots fix our cities and end up staying for 700 years. God has given us the duty of taking care of the earth; God told Adam to take care of the earth. I  don't think we should stop driving cars or anything like that. But we do need to take care of what we have. 


On Saturday, I went with my family to see "The Hulk", which was also very good. I was a little skeptical since they made one a few years ago that was a bust... but this one was good. There was a good mix of cgi animation and real-time camera work. The story line was compelling, and it left the door wide open for a sequel/ epic merge with other characters in the marvel line.  

Both movies were great in their own way, very different,but both were worth the trip. So take a seat in your favorite movie theatre with some popcorn and a big drink and enjoy a good movie.

No comments: