25 July 2008

I remember when...

I could get wifi for free at bookstores, coffee shops, hotels, and fast food joints. Now it seems that most of these places require you to pay for internet. AT&T seems to have taken over the market and requires you to pay to use their service. You can get internet for 2 hours at Barnes and Noble for $3.99.... that is crazy. The story seems to be the same everywhere. I miss the good old days when I could walk into Starbucks, crack open my macbook, and surf away; those days seem to be long gone.
Even the hotel that we are staying at requires you to pay to use (I am borrowing internet from the hotel beside us to write this blog....). I feel like a senior citizen complaining about the "old days", but I do miss the free wifi...

We are in Chattanooga this weekend for a little last minute vacation. We had a great dinner at The Macaroni Grill; tomorrow we are going to the aquarium. I have heard that there is a huge bicycle store, so I may have to go check that out as well.


-This is a picture from a free-standing Krystal.... I just thought that it was hilarious, and a little gross.

Hope you this pic lightens up your day..... It was lighting up the night scene of Chattanooga

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HI James! If you have the chance, check out the "Perky Piranha" next to the Courtyard by Marriott. I think its on Chestnut St. (across from the aquarium). I stay there when I go to Erlanger and love their coffees/smoothies! Hope you guys have a great time!
Be safe! Tese