14 May 2008

I'm Lion-O.....?


So last Saturday I was helping out at the Appalachian Fair Grounds with Kid Power. The youth group was helping out WCQR, and the opportunity came up for me to dress up as Danny the Lion( the radio station's mascot). I accepted the challenge and suited up for battle..... or at least to wave, give children high fives and hugs, and even to make some cry and run away( but not on purpose). 

It was an experience to say the least; I was hotter than a tamale in that suit. And it only took me about 30 minutes to figure out that no one could tell if I was smiling at them( I still ended up smiling the whole time..)  It was a neat opportunity to step out of my comfort zone and do silly things like dance to children's music. 

This summer intern job is turning out to be quite an experience... and this was only the first week 
stay tuned.....

No comments: