11 March 2008

Thoughts on spring break.....and just other thoughts


Over the last few days of spring break, kami and I went to Atlanta to stay with her aunt. It was so much fun to get away for a few days before coming back to college. I had been to Atlanta a few times, but only with groups to see Braves games and go to six flags. It was very different to have time to spend in and around Atlanta for a few days.

I think the best way to give you some insight into the trip is to give you a list of things that happened and observances about the long weekend

1. Driving in Atlanta- not quite the same as driving in Tigerville...... people are ALWAYS in a a hurry. I was honked at multiple times the 1st day we were there, but as the week went on, I became better at driving with the rush.( you notice that everyone begins to move at the red light before it turns green)
2. The aquarium was huge!!!! The Georgia Aquarium was really neat; they had whale sharks, beluga whales, huge fish, and even penguins.( my brother will be so jealous)
3. Buddy and Cindy were great hosts. It was so much fun to spend time with them and get to know them better
4. Ikea is a huge store......I have never been to a furniture store that has a 2 story parking garage.
5. There are very interesting people in the downtown area.
6. The CNN center is way more than a news-place..... there is a food court and a hotel inside that place!
7. Atlanta was such a great trip, and I cannot wait to go back soon

So now spring break is over, and it is time to do things like homework and reading for class. The good new, only 7 weeks left in the semester.

It has been such a great semester; God has moved so much in the last year of my life. I am so happy with the way that everything is going right now; I just have so much peace. I am looking forward to this summer; I am so excited to see what God is going to do through me in the coming months.

No comments: