03 March 2008

A Psalm a day

I have a new bible study/ musical undertaking. This is going to stretch me beyond what I am capable of myself.
The goal:
-Read a Psalm each day along with my normal bible study.
-After reading a Psalm, I am going to write a song using the psalm as the basis of the song( I want to at least write a chorus of a song each day, hopefully those will turn into full songs)

I know that this is a huge undertaking; there are 150 Psalms!
I feel that there is so much inside of me that wants to come out, so hopefully this will be a way that I can express myself by letting God speak through me. The verse that has become my theme verse is Psalm 51:15, which says "O Lord open my lips that my mouth may declare your praises."
I only want to talk when God opens my mouth and only go where God leads me.
I hope that this undertaking will stretch me and move me closer to God.
I just want to follow God's will for my life, so hopefully this will just bring me closer to Him and His will for me.

SO, I am going to write a song a day by reading a Psalm a day. Please pray for me as I am taking on this new challenge.

No comments: