14 January 2009

Illumintate

I picked up the coolest thing the other day.

I am always looking for interesting things. I am a hunter of all things cool (or at least what I think is cool...).

But this book may be the coolest book I have purchased in a long time (maybe ever).

It is called "The Book", and it is a copy of the new testament with pictures and graphics in a new and fresh way.


A group from Sweden came up with the idea and worked on this book for a few years. It was published in Swedish first, and has been translated  into English.

I saw someone on twitter that had this book, and I was drawn to it. I checked out the website, looked at some shots from the book, and decided that it was the coolest thing ever. And I was right.

If you love photography, graphic design, or just amazing art, then you need to check this out. It is the whole New Testament with pictures and graphics. I cannot really describe what it is like, it is really just something you need to check out for yourself.

- This is not a typical bible in any sense (expect that they did not change (or leave out) any text; they use the Good News Translation). It looks like a magazine, it reads in a column style, and is filled with things to look at.

 Some of the images are...provocative (not in any sensual way, but they are not necessarily "churchy" pictures). They are modern pictures put to biblical text; it is geared to make you think.

I am really enjoying reading through The Book. I highly recommend you to check it out.

You can get a glimpse of it, and read more on their website here  

No comments: