12 August 2008

A little river rafting

Today, the RA's took a trip to the Nantahala river for a little rafting.

I have never been rafting, but I enjoy outdoor sports and such, so I was excited.

After getting geared up with a life jacket and a paddle, I was ready to go.
We divided up into groups and jumped into the water... which was about 42 degrees. I was in the front, and after about 5 minutes, my feet were already frozen. By the time I was half way through, my left leg was totally numb.

But it was so exciting! It was such a rush the whole way, and it was a great team exercise. You really did have to work together to get the raft down the river. I would definitely want to do it again .

School is getting closer and closer to starting; I will be glad to get back into the swing of things.

I will try to keep everyone updated on my life at school and life in SC.

No comments: