22 April 2008

From Newspring to North Point



The last few Sundays have been great. Kami and I have had a chance to go check out some growing churches. 

Last Sunday night we went to Newspring church in Anderson. I had heard great things about it from people at school, and they were right! It was such a great time of worship. Their band is really amazing; it was so good to see a band that could really facilitate in leading worship, not just putting on a show. The message was great. Challenging, uncomfortable, and very real, but it was exactly what I need to hear that night. I could feel God speaking to me the whole service.

This past Sunday, we were in Atlanta and were able to go to North Point Community Church( that is Andy Stanley's church if anyone does not know). It was also soooo amazing. I have never been to a church where they have 2 identical auditoriums that are mirror images of each other. Each side had a live worship band, and the sermon was fed to the other side via video. We just walked into one of the auditoriums, and to our surprise, Kristen Stanfield was leading worship! He is one of my favorite worship leaders, so it was so amazing to be able to worship with him. Once again, throughout the service, God was speaking to me. 

It is no coincidence that we were at either one of those services... they were both such amazing spirit-filled times. If anyone is around either one of these churches, I would recommend that you check them out. 

No comments: