10 January 2008

It just hit me

SO, my favorite chapter right now in the bible is Psalm 51. In this chapter, David asks God to give him a clean heart and to renew to him the JOY of his salvation. After this, David says that now he can preach the word, reach out, worship God, and sing His praises. 


I have read this chapter many many times; it has kind of become my theme chapter for leading worship. I must first, before anything else, make sure that my joy is in my salvation and nothing else. There are many good things, but if my joy is not in my salvation, then my joy is not complete. But I was reading it last night in preparing for tonight, and I came across a verse that I had read but had not stuck out before. It was verse 15, and it said "O Lord, open my lips, that my mouth may declare your praise." I just hit me last night; I just have to let God speak through me. I do not have top worry about being the best or smarter than anyone else, I just need to wait for the Lord to open my lips and speak through me. God is doing so many great things in my life right now, and I cannot take credit for any of it at all. There is no doubt that all of this is from God. He is opening my lips for me to declare His praises!

1 comment:

Josh Via said...

Unreal dude, I just found you as I randomly searched through the worship leader category on blogger. It's crazy. I graduated from NGU in 2001. Depending on when you were there you may know my brothers Jared and Jacob Via. I was also involved in the BSU praise band when Steven Furtick was leading and on several occasions I led it at Tigerville Baptist. Wow! What a small world! Blessings to you bro. If Mr. and Mrs. Cook are still at Tigerville tell them I said hello. They might remember me. They might remember my wife better as the girl who played the violin. later man.
.josh.