23 February 2009

Left-Brained Worship. Part 1

Over the next few days, I am going to be posting some of the sections from my first article. I hope you have read it. If you have not, you can click on the link under the section titled "articles" to your right. If you have read the article, I would love some feedback.

The whole goal of these articles is to share what God has put on my heart. I hope that you enjoy them (I enjoy writing them...).

ok. Enjoy some article clips while I go work on some Spanish homework and get ready to watch 24 tonight.

Where have all the flowers gone?

If you have been there, you remember. If you have experienced true worship, it is not something that fades from memory. There is power in the presence of God; knowing that He is big, you are small, and feeling the weight of His glory around you.


Powerful moments.
Maybe it was a service at a church; maybe it was in your dorm room by yourself. Maybe it was at a U2 concert, or maybe it was in a moment of silence brought by tragedy. There are times in our life when the glory of God shines through like the warm sun breaking through the clouds.
Then thing change


Life happens. Stress happens.


We try to recreate the moment; we put every element back in place and hope that we will have the same experience. The problem is, many times, the experience is not the same
How can this be!! All the “stuff” is in place. We made the perfect set list; we planned for every detail of the service.
I have been there; I think every worship leader has…


All you want is for people to experience God in worship, but it just does not happen, even if the band is on fire. Where is the passion that once permeated the service?

No comments: