13 May 2009

Music, Biking, and such


Dear Summer.

I am glad you are here. I have been waiting for you for a while now.

I want to get the most out of your while you are around, so I think I should make a list (and maybe check over it again...).

Here is what I want to accomplish this Summer. I think I do better if I make plans rather than just say stuff...

- Lose 15-20 pounds. I need to get in shape. I am really loving biking, and I think that is what I will use to lose the weight.
-with that thought in mind
-Be able to ride 100k before summer's end and do it more than once). This is my biggest goal for the summer, and it is something that I have wanted to do for a while now. There is just something I love about biking, and I have really been excited about riding since I have been home and this is something I really want to do.

- Actually practice guitar. I play guitar all the time. But it is usually at church, practicing for church, or practicing for a gig or something of that nature. I hardly ever sit and play my guitar with the intent of self improvement. This is an area I want to change this summer. I want to make time to sit and learn and improve my skills on the guitar.

- Read, read, read. I want to read as many books as I can. I enjoy reading (now); that was not always the case. I want to learn from others, be stretched, inspired, and maybe just find something that I can enjoy. This is an area I could use some help in. I need to find some books I can just read for fun; something fiction that I can just sink into. I am good with the non-fiction side, but I would really like something good that is fiction. Please comment with any suggestions :).

- Listen to music. New music. I am trying to get out of a musical rut. I feel like I am finding new stuff now, but I want to really jump into new artists and such This is another area you can help. I need new bands to listen to and I am pretty much up for anything (except country...I know, I am from TN and do not like country...sorry). SO, send your suggestions my way.

More to come later, now it is time for sleep

Click it or ticket.

-J

No comments: